Saturday, June 30, 2012

Let the challenges begin...

So I have been having a lot of fun recently in the Tribesport community http://tribesports.com/users/abigailh. and have completed a number of challenges. This has been great because although I feel I am making progress with the pilates sessions, walking (up to 13km now) and the physio on my ankle, I am still depressed about not being able to get back to running yet until both my ankle sprain is better as well as the disk injury in my lower back.

But last week saw the completion of a couple of challenges at least that seemed much easier when I signed up for them than while I was actually doing them :p

100 crunches a day for seven days
25 squats a day for seven days
Hold a 2 minute wall squat every day for seven days (thought it would be a doddle, was a killer!)
20 push ups 7 times over two weeks (nearly did me in on day one!)

With that I felt very pleased with myself, and while I concentrated on increasing my walking effort to 13km, I was so pleased I forgot to take any more challenges as I waited for a number of books to arrive (yes, even reading is a challenge - well, not literally ;)

So tomorrow begins round number two of challenges including holding the plank pose for 30 seconds, more crunches, push ups, sit ups and balances... I'm going to nail standing on 1 leg for 60 seconds with my eyes closed if it's the last thing I do :) Assuming of course I don't fall over while doing it and injure another part of my anatomy!

Meanwhile, it's off to bed to read more about Lisa Tamati. She's already my hero and she hasn't even started running seriously yet, let alone across Death Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment