Tuesday, November 9, 2010

On the Road

I started a new blog rather than fill my day-to-day blog with my running adventures, and so as not to bore those who just aren't interested in whether I run, walk or gad about in hob-nailed boots.

We - that is my jogging partner (JP) and I - started running about three months ago. I prefer to say 12 weeks as it sounds shorter to my ears and therefore justifies my lack of progress. Of course it depends how you define progress. I am better at running than when I started. But I haven't managed to run a marathon yet. I haven't even managed a 4km fun run without slowing to a walk. But I am getting ahead of myself. My plan is to run the 5km fun run in April next year for the Children's Hospital Appeal... without stopping. That is my definition of improvement. Do I walk, or not. Once I've mastered that I guess I'll start doing all that other stuff that helps me actually determine my progress such as distance and time.

So tonight our run involved running the 'nature' course up through Hodkins Ridge Reserve. My JP finds this course easier than our regular route and I find it harder. It was the scene of my first 'spit'. And again the scene of my second 'spit'... tonight. An infestation of lacewing bugs in the warm evening air and open mouthed breathing (gasping) don't mix. But I found my teeth were a good filter, as well as the choking mechanism.

So stats tonight: heart rate = 171av, 190max, 367kcal, 31min. Red face factor: 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment